Having over 6 years experience in patternmaking and production whilst working at I Peck your Pun, Montserrat has also worked as a freelance patternmaker and spec technician for several design companies.
Traditional manual patternmaking skills as well as the Lectra and Domino programs were used to complete patterns, grading and production deadlines.
- Jan 2014 – Oct 2014 KENTIA : Ganton Shirts :Freelance illustrator and researcher. Illustrating product range boards for client pitch; stylized figures showing details of product and production sketches. Ongoing research for a new product design direction.
- Dec 2013 KENTIA : Ganton Shirts : Internship of researching and gathering information for new product design direction.
- June – July 2008 HI- CRAFT UNIFORMS : Contract Patternmaker and Spec Tech. Called in as a manual patternmaker for selected styles for the Corporate Uniform Range. Create and analyze grading breaks and large size jumps. Create a Specification sheet on excel for manufacturers, including technical drawings and measurements. Manual Grading Sizes 6- 26.
- March – Dec 2008 DAVID PARKER : Freelance Grading. Manually graded selected styles for David Parker’s personal clients: Gail Sorronda.
- March – April 2008 ROMANCE WAS BORN : Freelance Patternmaking Pattern made selected styles for the Spring/ Summer 08/09 Range.
- Feb – March 2008 MICHELLE ROBINSON : Freelance Patternmaking. Pattern made 1st sample toiles for Michelle’s Spring/ Summer 08/09 Range.
- Sept 2006 – Dec 2007 ALPHADVENTURE (MADRID) : Worked as a designer and pre-production assistant In a team of four designers, designed for 7 labels of Casual Sportswear, Denim and Swimwear for Men and Women. Trend forecasting; T-shirt graphic design and all over print design; Data entry and Specification sheets for Manufacturers; Knowledge of Freehand and Photoshop programs; Coordinator and quality control of “First samples” and “Salesman’s samples”. Quality control comments and liaison with the manufacturers in China and India.
- March 2006 P.A.M : ( Perks and Mini Sportswear Label) Patternmaker. Pattern made and graded Pam’s designs for Autumn/Winter 2006.
- July 2004 – Feb 2006 KENTIA : Ganton Shirts : Senior Patternmaker. Was responsible for the patternmaking, grading and marker making for 5 Labels under the umbrella company Kentia, as well as their separate clients. Interpreting and carrying out overseas as well as Australian orders to be manufactured in Sydney, China and Thailand. Fabric cost analysis for each style and pattern marker. Created Specification sheets for existing and new shirt styles. Worked closely with the in-house production cutter and factory. Communication with clients and problem solving.
- 1998 – June 2004 I PECK YOUR PUN : Designer / Partnership in Business. Responsibilities included Designing, Patternmaking, sample cutting and sewing. Fit and fix changes to first samples. Liaison with makers and manufacturers . Prepare and organize production calendar, cut work /specs for factories. Orders fabrics and trims. Follow up orders, organize delivery and dispatch. General bookkeeping. Present and sell seasonal ranges to clients. Sold to Fashion boutiques across Australia : Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane. Stores included some of the following: Alice Euphemia, Fat 4, The Corner shop, YPV, Mary and Me, Atlas Clothing, Doll House, Area 51.
- June 03 – July 04 DAWN KNIGHT COLLECTION : Part time Patternmaker and Machinist. Responsibilities were to patternmake and sew made to measure evening & wedding dresses. Assist Milliner Dawn Knight with made to order unique hats as well as casual retail sales in her Paddington Boutique.